VBR-100 Wall Mounted Restraint
VBR-100 Wall Mounted Vertical Barrier Restraint
Rite-Hite’s VBR-100 Vertical Barrier Restraint is designed to secure a trailer to the loading dock by engaging the rear-impact guard (RIG) with a solid, wall-mounted steel barrier. Ideal for live loading, the Dok-Lok’s continuous upward force maintains safe engagement as the trailer bed height fluctuates during loading while mechanical spring loaded structural housing helps maintain constant contact with the float of the RIG. The manually-operated model is available with Automatic-Light Package (ALP) option.
Dropped vs. Live Loads: which restraint application is best?
Designed for live loading situations, Vertical Barrier Restraints provide solid, dependable upward pressure to RIGs. Because the cab of the trailer is connected to the load, the “wrap and hook” design of Rotating Hook Restraints is not necessary as the connected fifth wheel of the truck to trailer helps prevent vertical movement along with the VBR.Learn More
Know Your Risks at the Loading Dock
With over 100,000 forklift crossings per leveler annually, dangerous loading dock separation accidents can occur in many different ways. Dok-Loks help prevent these costly hazards, such as:
- Trailer Creep (Dock Walk)
- Early Departure
- Trailer Pop-Up or Up-Ending
- Landing Gear Collapse
Importance of Communication at the Loading Dock
Clear, concise communication sets the stage for safety and productivity. Incorporating lights along with audible and visual alarms can have an immediate, positive impact at the loading dock. From red and green lights which inform dock personnel when they can safely proceed with loading activities to audible and visual alarms that notify personnel when they need to vacate the drive approach, Rite-Hite offers solutions for a safer, more productive facility!Learn More Now!
Integrating a Dok-Lok® Dock Timer at your facility will help:
- Improve loading efficiencies by increasing capacity and trailer throughput
- Prioritize material handling needs based off displayed time
- Better control costly detention and demurrage costs
- Intuitively track loading process, starting at trailer presence if sensor present at dock position
- Make data-informed decisions based on real-time events and historical trends when connected with Opti-Vu®
- Optimize existing Dok-Lok® vehicle restraint
Opti-Vu® Capable Dok-Loks® Restraints
Smart vehicle restraints help facilities:
- Increase loading dock productivity when paired with sensors and alerts noting when a truck arrives, when restraint is engaged/disengaged, fault mode occurs and more
- Track loading and unloading activities to identify unnecessary downtime between events
- Alert dock attendants which docks are nearing detention and demurrage
- Automatic Positioning with Easy Manual Operation – Spring-loaded structural steel housing automatically positions when VBR-100 is contacted by backing truck. Operator ergonomically activates barrier with a simple control rod.
- Wide Engagement Range – Engagement range extends from 12" to 30" above ground.
- Exclusive Barrier Design – 4.25” high barrier with reverse taper design provides the highest and widest coverage on RIGs.
- Integrity of Installation – Completed dock survey required for each dock position to help ensure safe and proper application of all Dok-Loks. Critical to the safety of material handlers and equipment utilizing the equipment, the surveys are reviewed by expert Applications team if outside of standard dock configuration.
- Pull-Out Force Benchmarks – Rite-Hite was the first loading dock equipment manufacturer to establish pull-out force benchmarks based on years of research and development. Followed today by many other manufacturers, VBR-100 is installed with mounting force in excess of 100,000 lbs. while also exceeding 32,000 lbs of pull-out force, doubling what tractors can achieve when in first gear.
- Withstand Harsh Loading Dock Environment – Zinc-plated for all weather durability and mounted above the ground away from dirt, debris, snow, ice, and standing water.
- Communication and Control – Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication and Auto-Light Package (ALP) options communicate via interior lights when trailer is properly engaged, thus safe for material handlers to enter. Without any Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control options, toggle-style Automatic Light Package cannot facilitate future equipment integration.
- Help Prevent Trailer Separation Accidents – VBR-100 helps to prevent early departure and trailer creep during live or dropped loading. For dropped trailers, a trailer stand can assist in helping prevent landing gear collapse and trailer upending.
- Certified to meet and exceed ANSI MH30.3 performance testing standards.
Rite-Hite Communication and Control allows facilities to:
- Integrate additional/future equipment and interlocked sequence of operations with Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System.
- Incorporate line of sight light communication system status with Corner-Vu™ and Leveler-Vu™.
- Extend Blue Light Policy to help prevent 80,000 annual forklift-pedestrian accidents by extending reaction time with Pedestrian-Vu™.
- Help prevent 2nd leading cause of backover fatalities in the United States with Approach-Vu™, which utilizes a light and horn system to present a clear visual and audible warning to pedestrians in the drive approach when a backing vehicle is detected.
- Verify Dok-Lok engagement and trailer stand presence via outside camera and inside monitor with Lok-Vu™, reducing the amount of processes on the dangerous drive approach.
- Integrate multiple loading dock control components at each dock position for a total dock safety system with Dok-Commander® Combined Controls.
All components are available as standalone or incorporated with Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System. The Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System offers more flexibility, facilitating the greatest long-term yield per dock position. The system allows facilities to address their most urgent safety needs first but reserving the opportunity to integrate vehicle restraints and other safety solutions at a fraction of the cost compared to standalone equipment purchases.
- Monitor real-time loading dock status. Optional Dok-Lok Dock Timer digitally displays total engagement time at each position to help dock attendants prioritize loads and avoid costly detention and demurrage charges.
- Leverage loading dock analytics with current and historical Dok-Lok efficiency and utilization data to identify areas of operational improvement through robust reporting and intuitive dashboards.
- Receive trending productivity alerts and review correct actions / next steps.
- Study and understand safety challenges, frequency trends and root cause with diagnostic analytics to proactively influence employee behavior.
- Interactive Safety Assessment Tool helps place priority on specific safety events.
- 12-Month Limited Money-Back Guarantee of Customer Satisfaction
- Standard Warranty includes 1 year parts / 1 year labor
- Opti-Vu® Extended Warranty includes 2 year parts / 1 year labor with coded horn override, self-diagnostics and security system interface. Additional subscription required for Opti-Vu data streaming platform
Need more info?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
Thank you for filling in the form.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.