Rotating Hook Restraint Upgrades
Why Upgrade Legacy Vehicle Restraints?
If servicing intermodal container chassis or trailers with obstructed RIGs, properly securing these types of trailers is critical to dock and personnel safety. Upgrading a legacy Rotating Hook Restraint helps facilities enhance the safety and productivity of their initial investment with small, incremental changes such as:
- Shadow Hook® Technology for obstructed RIG and intermodal container compatibility
- Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control and interlocking capabilities
Rite-Hite® Customer Loyalty Program
Rite-Hite offers an exclusive Customer Loyalty Program that allows customers to trade in their legacy Dok-Lok® for a new SHR-5000 with Shadow Hook Technology. Although customers can incrementally upgrade their existing restraints to accommodate the global supply chain, the program provides:
Shadow Hook v. Other Straight Shank Hooks
Straight Shank Hooks, commonly used in non-Rite-Hite® rotating hook restraints, lack the ability to safely secure many RIG equipped trailers, creating a false sense of security which may place people at risk for all trailer separation accidents.
Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control
Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control incorporates audible and visual alarms to help protect people inside and outside, on and off fork trucks. Solutions are offered as standalone or incorporated into the Dok-Lok® Controls, providing: line-of-sight light communication, active loading verification, pedestrian drive approach safety and a visual lock system.
Are you prepared for various Rear-Impact Guards?
In 1998, NHTSA required that a semi’s RIG be substantial enough to keep a car from “under-riding” the trailer as well as help prevent a trailer from prematurely pulling away from a loading dock when secured by a vehicle restraint system. The RIG was greatly enhanced, making old ICC bars obsolete, but many restraint manufacturers did not innovate to meet the new standards putting the people who rely on their equipment at risk.Standards for RIGs and ICC bars
Upgrading Rotating Hook Restraints with Shadow Hook Technology adds an additional layer of safety at the loading dock by helping properly engage intermodal containers or trailers with rear-impact guard obstructions.
- Safer Trailer Engagement – If there is a cover plate or obstruction near the trailer's rear impact guard, the shadow hook adds an additional layer of safety to maintain safe engagement. When the restraint is engaged, the hook will contact the back of the cover plate to help secure the trailer.
- Help Further Prevent Trailer Separation Accidents – Upon additional trailer movement, the exclusive articulating nose piece on the shadow hook pivots and catches into safety stops, helping to prevent the trailer from separating from the dock.
- Improved Hooking Capabilities – Replacement of Dok-Lok® hook and cam accommodates NHTSA regulations for RIGs, helping facilities safely secure nearly all types of trailers. Straight shank hooks, commonly used in non-Rite-Hite rotating hook restraints, have shallow profiles that lack the ability to safely secure many RIG equipped trailers, which may create a false sense of security and limit the trailers that can be safely serviced.
- Compatible with Legacy Restraints – Legacy Rotating Hook Restraints require a carriage replacement and updated legacy controls to accommodate Shadow Hook Technology.
- Industry Leading Warranty – Rite-Hite provides an exclusive network of representatives and industry leading planned maintenance programs; helping ensure products are performing at their full potential. Standard warranty for upgrading current SHR-5000 and GRH-700 restraints include 1 year parts / 1 year labor warranty. Standard warranty for upgrading legacy restraints includes 3 year parts / 1 year labor warranty.
Carriage upgrades are available for worn carriages on legacy and current restraints.
- Support Shadow Hook Technology – Legacy Rotating Hook Restraints require a carriage replacement to accommodate additional space needed for shadow hook and stop plates. By upgrading the carriage, facilities can safely secure intermodal container chassis and trailers with obstructed RIGs.
- Widest Working Range – Upgraded carriages have a 9" – 30" working range for consistent RIG and ICC bar contact while the spring-loaded structural hardened steel housing is automatically positioned when the unit is contacted by a backing trailer. Standard on 9" carriages, the dual articulating nose extension ensures the widest range of coverage to help protect the restraint from potential damage when servicing RIGs lower than 22".
- Withstand Harsh Loading Dock Environment – Upgraded carriages have military grade corrosion resistant finish and are mounted above ground away from dirt, debris, snow, ice and standing water. Carriage housing successfully endures 1000 hours of salt spray testing compared to only 100 hours of galvanized restraints. Flood seal option seals IP-66 rated motor to help protect against decline dock flooding in case of heavy rain fall, drainage system failures and more.
- Industry Leading Warranty – Rite-Hite provides an exclusive network of representatives and industry leading planned maintenance programs; helping ensure products are performing at their full potential. Standard warranty for upgrading current restraints include 1 year parts / 1 year labor. Standard warranty for upgrading legacy restraints includes 3 year parts / 1 year labor.
Upgrading controls helps facilities enhance operations and meet changing needs.
- Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control – Legacy controls can be enhanced with Leveler-Vu™ and Corner-Vu™. Upgrade to new controls for all Rite-Vu Hazard Recognition and Control components to help protect people inside and outside, on and off fork trucks. New controls can operate the existing restraint.
- Upgrade Controls for Full Integration of Additional Solutions – Legacy controls can be upgraded to a new Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System or Dok-Commander® Combined Controls at any time to accommodate all Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control components, help facilitate easier interlocking capabilities and allow for smart, connected capabilities. New controls can operate the existing restraint.
- Shadow Hook Technology – Legacy Rotating Hook Restraints require updated controls to support Shadow Hook Technology.
- Industry Leading Warranty – Rite-Hite provides an exclusive network of representatives and industry leading planned maintenance programs; helping ensure products are performing at their full potential. Standard warranty for upgrading legacy controls includes 3 year parts / 1 year labor.
Need more info?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
Thank you for filling in the form.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.