Stabilizing Trailer Restraint
STR-4200 Stabilizing Dok-Lok Restraint
Rite-Hite’s STR-4200 Stabilizing Dok-Lok Restraint offers the industry’s only design to address horizontal and vertical movement while supporting wider and heavier loads. Responding to the rise in air ride suspension trailers, which account for majority of trucks on the road, the restraint can reduce trailer drop to only 1-2” in most applications. With inherently engineered anti-rotational (Shadow Hook) technology, the STR-4200 properly secures intermodal chassis as well as obstructed RIGs.
Intermodal Chassis and Obstructed RIG Technology
Exclusive anti-rotation hook design adds an additional layer of safety at the loading dock by safely securing intermodal containers or trailers with rear-impact guard obstructions, helping to maintain safety and increase productivity at the loading dock.
Help Reduce Injuries from Whole Body Vibration (WBV)
Dock Shock is the constant jolting and jarring caused by forklifts crossing over the bumps and gaps of a traditional dock leveler and vehicle restraint and into the trailer bed, resulting in exposure to injuries from WBV. Today, 21% of forklift drivers suffer from back or neck problems. Help reduce employee injuries, product spills and damage while lowering maintenance costs with a Smooth Transition Dok System®.Learn More
Are you prepared for various Rear-Impact Guards?
In 1998, NHTSA required that a semi’s RIG be substantial enough to keep a car from “under-riding” the trailer as well as help prevent a trailer from prematurely pulling away from a loading dock when secured by a vehicle restraint system. The RIG was greatly enhanced, making old ICC bars obsolete, but many restraint manufacturers did not innovate to meet the new standards putting the people who rely on their equipment at risk.Standards for RIGs and ICC bars
Know Your Loading Dock Risks
With over 100,000 forklift crossings per leveler annually, dangerous loading dock separation accidents can occur in many different ways. Dok-Loks help prevent these costly hazards, such as:
- Trailer Creep (Dock Walk)
- Early Departure
- Trailer Pop-Up or Up-Ending
- Landing Gear Collapse
Importance of Communication at the Loading Dock
Clear, concise communication sets the stage for safety and productivity. Incorporating lights along with audible and visual alarms can have an immediate, positive impact at the loading dock. From red and green lights which inform dock personnel when they can safely proceed with loading activities to audible and visual alarms that notify personnel when they need to vacate the drive approach, Rite-Hite offers solutions for a safer, more productive facility!Learn More Now!
Integrating a Dok-Lok® Dock Timer at your facility will help:
- Improve loading efficiencies by increasing capacity and trailer throughput
- Prioritize material handling needs based off displayed time
- Better control costly detention and demurrage costs
- Intuitively track loading process, starting at trailer presence if sensor present at dock position
- Make data-informed decisions based on real-time events and historical trends when connected with Opti-Vu®
- Optimize existing Dok-Lok® vehicle restraint
Smart, Connected Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraints
Smart, connected vehicle restraints help facilities:
- Increase loading dock productivity when paired with sensors and alerts noting when a truck arrives, when restraint is engaged/disengaged, fault mode occurs and more.
- Track loading and unloading activities to identify unnecessary downtime between events.
- Alert dock attendants which docks are nearing detention and demurrage.
Designed and Installed for Productivity
Safety at the Loading Dock
Communication and Control
Smart, Connected Capabilities
Industry Leading Warranty
- Exclusive Hook Design – Exclusive Hook Design offers more wrap than any other restraint which helps maintain engagement in below-dock end load situations. Contoured Hook is designed to entrap RIG equipped trailers (mandated in 1998) as well as outdated ICC bars. Anti-rotation design (inherent Shadow Hook technology) allows restraint to properly engage intermodal chassis and obstructed RIGs.
- Leveler Integration – Single power unit allows for combined operation of restraint and hydraulic leveler. Biodegradable Fluid option is environmentally friendly and outperforms traditional industrial-grade fluid. Combined power unit allows for ease of maintenance of both solutions.
- Wide Working Range – STR-4200 has a 9” – 24” working range for consistent RIG and ICC bar contact while the spring-loaded structural hardened steel housing is automatically positioned when the unit is contacted by a backing trailer.
- Integrity of Installation – Completed dock survey required for each dock position to help ensure safe and proper application of all Dok-Loks. Critical to the safety of material handlers and equipment, the surveys are reviewed by expert Applications team if outside of standard dock configuration.
- Pull-Out Force Benchmarks – Rite-Hite was the first loading dock equipment manufacturer to establish pull-out force benchmarks based on years of research and development. Followed today by many other manufacturers, all Rite-Hite restraints are installed with mounting force in excess of 100,000 lbs. and 32,000 lbs. of pull-out force, doubling what tractors can achieve when in first gear.
- Withstand Harsh Loading Dock Environment – Military grade corrosion resistant finish on stabilizing hook track, base plate, and housing. Mounted above ground away from dirt, debris, snow, ice and standing water, Dok-Lok vehicle restraints successfully endure 1000 hours of salt spray testing compared to only 100 hours of galvanized restraints. IP-66 rated motor is dust tight and helps protect mechanics against powerful jets of water.
- Smooth Transition Dok System® – Smooth Transition System minimizes jolts to forklift operators, helping to reduce back related injuries and supporting the aging workforce while minimizing wear and tear on other dock equipment components. Two heavy-duty double acting hydraulic cylinders support the restraint, minimizing trailer drop from 4” to only 1” during loading. Enhanced with any Rite-Hite Dock Leveler, the system improves relative smoothness of transition from leveler to trailer bed by ≥ 120%.
- Auto-refire technology – Lok will re-engage with RIG upon movement to ensure optimal and consistent engagement, helping to protect material handlers, equipment and product.
- Communication and Control – Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication communicates via interior lights when trailer is properly engaged, thus safe for material handlers to enter. Approach-Vu™ visual and audible warning for pedestrians is available as standalone or embedded in the housing of the STR-4200. The system is activated by the presence of a backing vehicle in the drive approach, indicating the need for pedestrians to safely vacate due to a looming threat.
- Help Prevent Trailer Separation Accidents – STR-4200 helps to prevent early departure, trailer creep, landing gear collapse, trailer pop-up and up-ending.
- Certified to meet and exceed ANSI MH30.3 performance testing standards.
Rite-Hite Communication and Control allows facilities to:
- Integrate additional/future equipment and interlocked sequence of operations with Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System.
- Incorporate line of sight light communication system status with Corner-Vu™ and Leveler-Vu™.
- Extend Blue Light Policy to help prevent 80,000 annual forklift-pedestrian accidents by extending reaction time with Pedestrian-Vu™.
- Help prevent 2nd leading cause of backover fatalities in the United States with Approach-Vu™, which utilizes a light and horn system to present a clear visual and audible warning to pedestrians in the drive approach when a backing vehicle is detected.
- Verify Dok-Lok engagement and trailer stand presence via outside camera and inside monitor with Lok-Vu™, reducing the amount of processes on the dangerous drive approach.
- Integrate multiple loading dock control components at each dock position for a total dock safety system with Dok-Commander® Combined Controls.
All components are available as standalone or incorporated with Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System. The Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System offers more flexibility, facilitating the greatest long-term yield per dock position. The system allows facilities to address their most urgent safety needs first but reserving the opportunity to integrate vehicle restraints and other safety solutions at a fraction of the cost compared to standalone equipment purchases.
Loading Dock Productivity Analytics
- Monitor real-time loading dock status. Optional Dok-Lok Dock Timer digitally displays total engagement time at each position to help dock attendants prioritize loads and avoid costly detention and demurrage charges.
- Leverage loading dock analytics with current and historical Dok-Lok efficiency and utilization data to identify areas of operational improvement through robust reporting and intuitive dashboards.
- Receive trending productivity alerts and review correct actions / next steps.
- Study and understand safety challenges, frequency trends and root cause with diagnostic analytics to proactively influence employee behavior.
- Interactive Safety Assessment Tool helps place priority on specific safety events.
- 12-Month Limited Money-Back Guarantee of Customer Satisfaction
- Standard Warranty includes 5 year parts / 5 years labor
- Rite-Hite® Extended Warranty includes 5 year parts / 5 year labor and smart, connected capabilities
Need more info?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
Thank you for filling in the form.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.