SHR-5000 Shadow Hook® Restraint
SHR-5000 Shadow Hook Dok-Lok Restraint
Rite-Hite’s SHR-5000 Shadow Hook Restraint is designed to secure a trailer to the loading dock by engaging the rear-impact guard (RIG) or interstate commerce commission (ICC) bar with an exclusive third generation rotating hook. Offering the greatest reach and widest working range, the SHR-5000 helps reduce trailer separation accidents, such as: early departure, trailer creep, landing gear collapse and more. When optimized with Shadow Hook technology, the industry’s premium restraint can properly secure intermodal chassis as well as obstructed RIGs.
Shadow Hook v. Other Straight Shank Hooks
Straight Shank Hooks, commonly used in non-Rite-Hite® rotating hook restraints, lack the ability to safely secure many RIG equipped trailers, creating a false sense of security which may place people at risk for all trailer separation accidents.
Help Minimize Damage from Aggressive Pull-Out Attempts
Dual clad track provides 50% more track strength to help minimize damage for heavy loading environments or aggressive pull-out attempts. The SHR-5000 is installed with mounting force in excess of 100,000 lbs. while also exceeding 32,000 lbs. of pull-out force, doubling what tractors can achieve when in first gear.
Reliable Performance when Servicing RIGs
Standard on 9” carriages, the dual articulating nose extension ensures the widest range of coverage to help protect the SHR-5000 from potential damage when servicing RIGs lower than 22"
Intermodal Chassis and Obstructed RIG Technology
Exclusive Shadow Hook technology adds an additional layer of safety at the loading dock by safely securing intermodal containers or trailers with rear-impact guard obstructions, helping to maintain safety and increase productivity at the loading dock.
Are you prepared for various Rear-Impact Guards?
In 1998, NHTSA required that a semi’s RIG be substantial enough to keep a car from “under-riding” the trailer as well as help prevent a trailer from prematurely pulling away from a loading dock when secured by a vehicle restraint system. The RIG was greatly enhanced, making old ICC bars obsolete, but many restraint manufacturers did not innovate to meet the new standards putting the people who rely on their equipment at risk.New Standards for ICC bars
Know Your Loading Dock Risks
With over 100,000 forklift crossings per leveler annually, dangerous loading dock separation accidents can occur in many different ways. Dok-Loks help prevent these costly hazards, such as:
- Trailer Creep (Dock Walk)
- Early Departure
- Trailer Pop-Up or Up-Ending
- Landing Gear Collapse
Importance of Communication at the Loading Dock
Clear, concise communication sets the stage for safety and productivity. Incorporating lights along with audible and visual alarms can have an immediate, positive impact at the loading dock. From red and green lights which inform dock personnel when they can safely proceed with loading activities to audible and visual alarms that notify personnel when they need to vacate the drive approach, Rite-Hite offers solutions for a safer, more productive facility!Learn More Now!
Integrating a Dok-Lok® Dock Timer at your facility will help:
- Improve loading efficiencies by increasing capacity and trailer throughput.
- Prioritize material handling needs based off displayed time.
- Better control costly detention and demurrage costs.
- Intuitively track loading process, starting at trailer presence if sensor present at dock position.
- Make data-informed decisions based on real-time events and historical trends with smart, connected capabilities.
- Optimize existing Dok-Lok® vehicle restraint.
Smart, Connected Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraints
Smart, connected vehicle restraints help facilities:
- Increase loading dock productivity when paired with sensors and alerts noting when a truck arrives, when restraint is engaged/disengaged, fault mode occurs and more.
- Track loading and unloading activities to identify unnecessary downtime between events.
- Alert dock attendants which docks are nearing detention and demurrage.
- Exclusive Hook Design – Exclusive Hook Design offers more wrap than any other restraint which helps maintain engagement in below-dock end load situations. Contoured Hook is designed to entrap RIG equipped trailers (mandated in 1998) as well as outdated ICC bars. Shadow Hook technology allows restraints to properly engage intermodal chassis and obstructed RIGs.
- Widest Working Range – SHR-5000 has a 9” – 30” working range for consistent RIG and ICC bar contact while the spring-loaded structural hardened steel housing is automatically positioned when the unit is contacted by a backing trailer.
- Reliable Performance – Dual clad track provides 50% more track strength to help minimize damage for heavy loading environments or aggressive pull-out attempts on SHR-5000. Standard on 9” carriages, the dual articulating nose extension ensures the widest range of coverage to help protect the SHR-5000 from potential damage when servicing RIGs lower than 22”.
- Integrity of Installation – Completed dock survey required for each dock position to help ensure safe and proper application of all Dok-Loks. Critical to the safety of material handlers and equipment, the surveys are reviewed by expert Applications team if outside of standard dock configuration.
- Pull-Out Force Benchmarks – Rite-Hite was the first loading dock equipment manufacturer to establish pull-out force benchmarks based on years of research and development. Followed today by many other manufacturers, all Rite-Hite restraints are installed with mounting force in excess of 100,000 lbs. and 32,000 lbs. of pull-out force, doubling what tractors can achieve when in first gear.
- Withstand Harsh Loading Dock Environment – Military grade corrosion resistant finish on rotating hook track, base plate, and housing. Mounted above ground away from dirt, debris, snow, ice and standing water, SHR-5000 successfully endures 1000 hours of salt spray testing compared to only 100 hours of galvanized restraints. Flood seal option seals IP-66 rated motor to help protect against decline dock flooding in case of heavy rain fall, drainage system failures and more.
- Non-adjustable Safety – SHR-5000 is equipped with a non-adjustable motor clutch, individually set at the factory to help ensure that safety is never compromised in the field because a setting is “out of adjustment.”
- Auto-refire technology – SHR-5000 Lok will re-engage with RIG upon movement to ensure optimal and consistent engagement, helping to protect material handlers, equipment and product.
- Communication and Control – Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication communicates via interior lights when trailer is properly engaged, thus safe for material handlers to enter. Approach-Vu™ visual and audible warning for pedestrians is available as standalone or embedded in the housing of the SHR-5000. The system is activated by the presence of a backing vehicle in the drive approach, indicating the need for pedestrians to safely vacate due to a looming threat.
- Help Prevent Trailer Separation Accidents – SHR-5000 helps to prevent early departure, trailer creep, landing gear collapse, trailer pop-up and up-ending.
- Certified to meet and exceed ANSI MH30.3 performance testing standards.
Rite-Hite Communication and Control allows facilities to:
- Integrate additional/future equipment and interlocked sequence of operations with Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System.
- Incorporate line of sight light communication system status with Corner-Vu™ and Leveler-Vu™.
- Extend Blue Light Policy to help prevent 80,000 annual forklift-pedestrian accidents by extending reaction time with Pedestrian-Vu™.
- Help prevent 2nd leading cause of backover fatalities in the United States with Approach-Vu™, which utilizes a light and horn system to present a clear visual and audible warning to pedestrians in the drive approach when a backing vehicle is detected.
- Verify Dok-Lok engagement and trailer stand presence via outside camera and inside monitor with Lok-Vu™, reducing the amount of processes on the dangerous drive approach.
- Integrate multiple loading dock control components at each dock position for a total dock safety system with Dok-Commander® Combined Controls.
All components are available as standalone or incorporated with Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System. The Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System offers more flexibility, facilitating the greatest long-term yield per dock position. The system allows facilities to address their most urgent safety needs first but reserving the opportunity to integrate vehicle restraints and other safety solutions at a fraction of the cost compared to standalone equipment purchases.
- Monitor real-time loading dock status. Optional Dok-Lok Dock Timer digitally displays total engagement time at each position to help dock attendants prioritize loads and avoid costly detention and demurrage charges.
- Leverage loading dock analytics with current and historical Dok-Lok efficiency and utilization data to identify areas of operational improvement through robust reporting and intuitive dashboards.
- Receive trending productivity alerts and review correct actions / next steps.
- Study and understand safety challenges, frequency trends and root cause with diagnostic analytics to proactively influence employee behavior.
- Interactive Safety Assessment Tool helps place priority on specific safety events.
- 12-Month Limited Money-Back Guarantee of Customer Satisfaction
- Standard Warranty includes 2 year parts / 1 year labor
- Rite-Hite® Extended Warranty includes 5 year parts / 2 year labor and smart, connected capabilities
Need more info?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
Thank you for filling in the form.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.