AIA Registered Safety & Design Presentations
These AIA-registered courses provide valuable information in a lunch-and-learn format. Schedule them when it’s most convenient for your operations and employees. We offer the following:
- Loading Dock Safety
- Loading Dock Design Presentation
- HVLS Ceiling Fans
- Rite-Hite Fly-In Program
- An Architects Guide to Doors in Industry
Loading Dock Safety*
This one-hour presentation, available at your facility, is conducted by industry experts who take you through the safety issues at your dock and within your plant.
- Safety committee members - Safety manager.
- Transportation warehouse manager.
- Plant manager - Engineers.
- Why is the loading dock a danger zone?
- How often do accidents occur at a loading dock?
- The costs of a dangerous dock.
- Loading dock equipment safety.
- How safe is your dock?
Loading Dock Design*
This course covers issues related to dock design including: safety, dock heights, door sizes, leveler size, capacity, type, grade, seals and shelters, restraints, lighting, and more. The Rite-Hite Loading Dock Design presentation can be conducted at your facility by our industry experts, and it usually lasts one hour.
- Trends affecting loading dock design
- Types of trailers typically received at your dock
- How the type of material handling equipment you use can affect loading dock equipment selection
- Load configurations.
Dock layout considerations:
- Dock dimensions including dock height
- Dock leveler length, width, capacity.
- Loading dock door spacing and door size considerations.
- Traffic flow and designing the drive approach
- Material handling equipment limitations.
- Matching material handling equipment to industry or application.
Safety issues at the dock:
- Why the loading dock is a danger.
- Causes of loading dock accidents.
- Trailer separation
- Vacant loading docks.
Innovative solutions and products:
- Specifying the right equipment to meet your client's needs.
- Available equipment features.
- Dock levelers
- Vehicle restraints
- Industrial doors
- Aftermarket parts and products.
HVLS Ceiling Fans*
This course provides an introduction to high volume, low speed (HVLS) industrial fans. It includes the various benefits, including reduced energy consumption, increased comfort and decreased moisture levels.
The Rite-Hite Fly-In Program*
The Rite-Hite Fly-In Program is centered around you. It’s a one of a kind, custom-designed program that takes place at the Rite-Hite corporate headquarters in Milwaukee, WI. The Fly-In focuses on providing education, consultation, solutions, and expertise.
- Expert dock and facility design analysis and recommendations.
- Professional equipment needs assessment and evaluation.
- Education on multiple alternatives for your applications.
- Hands on equipment demonstrations.
- Discuss current issues and upcoming changes that affect your business.
- Get to know your Rite-Hite Representative and the service they provide.
- Experience the Rite-Hite commitment to quality and innovation.
- Rite-Hite product showroom workshops.
- Product demonstrations in a real-life setting at the Rite-Hite Technical Training Center.
- Q&A with experts.
Milwaukee & Wisconsin event options.
“Your program was presented in a way that brings out real life situations that we deal with daily. Your concern to get these issues out and present solutions was very impressive.” – Project Coordinator, engineering company
An Architects Guide to Doors in Industry*
This course is conducted by industry experts who take you through the safety issues and range of solutions with high-speed, high performance doors. From cold storage, cooler and freezer doors to clean room and pharmaceutical doors, your choices are endless. Learn the roles of high-performance doors in various industries as well as an overview of current building codes, standards and door design tips.
*Rite-Hite is registered with the AIA Continuing Education System (AIA/CES). This one-hour program offers (1) learning unit, which will be reported directly to the AIA/CES for AIA members.
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
Thank you for filling in the form.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.