AIA Registered Safety & Design Presentations
AIA Registered Presentations
These AIA registered courses provide a wealth of valuable information in a lunch and learn format. Schedule them when it’s most convenient for your operations and employees. We offer the following:
- Loading Dock Safety.
- Loading Dock Design Presentation.
- HVLS Ceiling Fans.
- Rite-Hite Fly-In program.
Loading Dock Safety*
This one-hour presentation, available at your facility, is conducted by industry experts who take you through the safety issues at your dock and within your plant.
- Safety committee members - Safety manager.
- Transportation warehouse manager.
- Plant manager - Engineers.
- Why is the loading dock a danger zone?
- How often do accidents occur at a loading dock?
- The costs of a dangerous dock.
- Safety solutions
- How safe is your dock?
Loading Dock Design*
This course covers issues related to dock design including: safety, dock heights, door sizes, leveler size, capacity, type, grade, seals and shelters, restraints, lighting, and more. The Rite-Hite Loading Dock Design presentation can be conducted at your facility by our industry experts, and it usually lasts one hour.
Trends affecting the loading dock (bigger, lower trucks)
- Air suspension trailers.
- Low-profile tires.
- Varying trailer bed heights.
Dock layout considerations
- Dock leveler length, width, capacity.
- Door size considerations.
- Material handling equipment limitations.
Safety issues at the dock
- Why the loading dock is a danger.
- Causes of loading dock accidents.
- Trailer separation
- Vacant loading docks.
Innovative solutions and products
- Specifying the right equipment to meet your client's needs.
- Available equipment features.
- Dock levelers
- Vehicle restraints
- Industrial doors
- Aftermarket parts and products.
HVLS Ceiling Fans*
This course provides an introduction to high volume, low speed (HVLS) industrial fans. It includes the various benefits, including reduced energy consumption, increased comfort and decreased moisture levels.
The Rite-Hite Fly-In Program*
The Rite-Hite Fly-In is centered around you. It’s a one of a kind, custom-designed program that takes place at the Rite-Hite corporate headquarters in Milwaukee, WI. The Fly-In focuses on providing education, consultation, solutions, and expertise.
- Expert dock and facility design analysis and recommendations.
- Professional equipment needs assessment and evaluation.
- Education on multiple alternatives for your applications.
- Hands on equipment demonstrations.
- Discuss current issues and upcoming changes that affect your business.
- Get to know your Rite-Hite Representative and the service they provide.
- Experience the Rite-Hite commitment to quality and innovation.
- Rite-Hite product showroom workshops.
- Product demonstrations in a real-life setting at the Rite-Hite Technical Training Center.
- Q&A with experts.
- Milwaukee & Wisconsin event options.
“Your program was presented in a way that brings out real life situations that we deal with daily. Your concern to get these issues out and present solutions was very impressive.” – Project Coordinator, engineering company