Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraint Systems
Rite-Hite created the vehicle restraint industry with the introduction of the original Dok-Lok® vehicle restraint on April 22, 1980. Offering constant light communication while helping prevent trailer separation accidents, Dok-Loks continue to provide the highest quality of safety and security for any loading dock application.
Which Vehicle Restraint is Right for You?
Although the many options of vehicle restraint systems help support safety for various loading dock applications, it can soon prove overwhelming when deciding which vehicle restraint is right for your facility. However, Rite-Hite has simplified the decision-making process into just two questions one should always ask when determining the best vehicle restraint for their application:
- What is my facility's loading style?
- What type of trailers does my facility receive?
Why loading docks need vehicle restraints?
Exceeding OSHA Mandate 1910.78, vehicle restraints (truck restraints) are devices that latch onto trailers to help keep them from separating from the dock during loading. Dok-Loks help improve safety, productivity and security at the loading dock while offering:
- Light communication systems, which come standard with all Rite-Hite vehicle restraints.
- Versatile hook & barrier designs that help address trailer separation accidents.
- Low lifetime ownership costs and industry-leading warranties including parts, labor and planned maintenance.
The growth of the global supply chain and various industry trends has led to an expanded offering of Dok-Lok (dock lock) solutions for any loading dock application. From liftgates and obstructed RIGs to live loading, Rite-Hite is the Rite Choice!
- Original Dok-Lok® Rotating Hook Restraints which set the industry standard with the most exclusive hook design.
- Stabilizing Trailer Restraints which offer the industry’s only design to help address horizontal and vertical trailer movement during loading
- Vertical Barrier Restraints which are designed for live loading
- Wheel-Based Restraints which service the widest variety of trailer types, including liftgates
When you choose a Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraint System from Rite-Hite®, we guarantee each piece of equipment is expertly designed to support the following:
- Integrity of Installation
- Pull-Out Force Benchmarks
- Withstand Harsh Loading Dock Environment
- Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control
- Rite-Hite 12-Month Limited Money Back Guarantee
- Industry-Leading Extended Warranty with Smart, Connected Capabilities
Customer Loyalty & Trade-In Programs
Rite-Hite® offers two exclusive programs that allow current and non-Rite-Hite customers the option to trade in existing vehicle restraints for the following:
- Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraint
- Optimizable Dok-Lok controls
- Industry leading warranty with smart, connected capabilities
Know Your Loading Dock Risks
With over 100,000 forklift crossings per leveler annually, dangerous loading dock separation accidents can occur in many different ways. Dok-Loks (dock locks) help prevent these costly hazards, such as:
- Trailer Creep (Dock Walk)
- Early Departure
- Trailer Pop-Up or Up-Ending
- Landing Gear Collapse
Are you prepared for various Rear-Impact Guards?
In 1998, NHTSA required that a semi’s RIG be substantial enough to keep a car from “under-riding” the trailer as well as help prevent a trailer from prematurely pulling away from a loading dock when secured by a vehicle restraint system. The RIG was greatly enhanced, making old ICC bars obsolete, but many restraints manufacturers did not innovate to meet the new standards putting the people who rely on their equipment at risk.Standards for RIGs and ICC bars
Dok-Lok v. Wheel Chocks
While portable and seemingly cost-efficient, wheel chocks often slip, get misplaced, stolen or crushed, and are hindered by weather conditions. They also require physical placement by employees – which means your people are placed in harm’s way on the drive approach. Most importantly, simple wheel chocks do not offer communication between dock workers and truck drivers, increasing the potential for hazardous premature departure and other separation accidents.Make the Smarter Choice
Do you know the history of the Dok-Lok®?
On April 22, 1980, the vehicle restraint industry as we know it was born when Rite-Hite introduced the original Dok-Lok (dock lock). The product of several years of research and development, the Dok-Lok has paved the way for Rite-Hite to become the industry leader across many product categories. But, do you know how the vehicle restraint industry has evolved over the past 40 years?Listen Now!
Integrating a Dok-Lok® Dock Timer at your facility will help:
- Improve loading efficiencies by increasing capacity and trailer throughput
- Prioritize material handling needs based off displayed time
- Better control costly detention and demurrage costs
- Intuitively track loading process, starting at trailer presence if sensor present at dock position
- Make data-informed decisions based on real-time events and historical trends when connected with Opti-Vu®
- Optimize existing Dok-Lok® vehicle restraint
Smart, connected Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraints
Smart, connected vehicle restraints help facilities:
- Increase loading dock productivity when paired with sensors and alerts noting when a truck arrives, when restraint is engaged/disengaged, fault mode occurs and more.
- Track loading and unloading activities to identify unnecessary downtime between events.
- Alert dock attendants which docks are nearing detention and demurrage.
Vehicle Restraint Highlights
Loading Dock Accidents
Dangerous loading dock separation accidents can occur in many different ways.
Dok-Lok® Dock Timer
Dok-Lok® Dock Timer visual management tool lets logistics personnel take control of each dock po...
5 Smart Ways to Increase Productivity at the Loading Dock
We’re discovering more intelligent and safer ways to operate with new hardware, software an...
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
Thank you for filling in the form.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.