Lok-Vu™ Visual Lock Verification System
Help Reduce Processes on the Dangerous Drive Approach
Lok-Vu™ is a trailer presence and lock verification system that uses an outside camera and inside monitor to display when a trailer has arrived, is safely engaged and disengaged. The visual system reduces the number of dangerous processes placing pedestrians out on the drive approach, addressing the current OSHA statistic that, “semi-tractor trailers are the second leading cause of back over fatalities in the United States.”
What’s your Drive Approach Policy?
A backing trailer can be deceptively quiet, with the tractor over 70’ away and engine noise obscured by ambient noise which is often present on the drive approach at a loading dock. OSHA has identified semi-tractor trailers as the second leading cause of back over fatalities in the U.S, and in some cases, reducing the number of processes that put people on the drive approach is the best defense against back-over accidents.
Dok-Commander® Combined Control Panel
Dok-Commander® Combined Control Panel integrates multiple loading dock control components at each dock position for a total dock safety system, including: Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraints, dock levelers, dock doors and Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control. The control panel’s flexible circuity meets changing needs with easily updatable components and add-ons, such as incorporating Lok-Vu™ at time of purchase or later when budget allows.Learn More
Know Your Risks at the Loading Dock
With over 100,000 forklift crossings per leveler annually, dangerous loading dock accidents can occur in many ways. When paired with Dok-Loks®, Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control helps prevent costly hazards, such as:
- Traditional Trailer Separation Accidents
- Forklifts Running off the Edge of Dock
- Pedestrian and Forklift Collisions
- Trailer Backover Accidents in the Drive Approach
Smart, Connected Loading Dock Equipment
Smart, connected loading dock equipment helps facilities:
- Increase loading dock productivity when paired with sensors and alerts noting when a truck arrives, when equipment is operated, fault mode occurs and more
- Track loading and unloading activities to identify unnecessary downtime between events
- Alert dock attendants which docks are nearing detention and demurrage
Designed and Installed for Productivity
Safety at the Loading Dock
Communication and Control
Smart, Connected Capabilities
- Reduce Processes on Drive Approach – Lok-Vu™, which is available as a single or dual camera option, displays an exterior camera view on the interior Dok-Commander® panel or as standalone monitor. The system helps to confirm when a trailer is present and properly secured as well as verify trailer stand presence, eliminating the need for workers to step outside on the dangerous drive approach.
- One Simple, Centralized Control Panel – Dok-Commander® Combination Control Panel integrates multiple pieces of loading dock equipment, such as: vehicle restraints, dock levelers, overhead doors, dock lights, dock fans and Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control.
- Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System – Light Communication Systems offer enhanced communication between dock personnel inside the building and truck drivers outside of the building. The NEMA 4X rated user interface with membrane switch buttons system allows for full integration of additional and future loading dock equipment. When interlocked in a safe sequence of operations, the controls help to ensure safety protocols and processes are followed.
- Withstand Harsh Loading Dock Environment – NEMA 4X Dok-Lok Style Light Communication and Dok-Commander Combined Control Systems offer a superior level or protection from corrosion and extreme loading environments, such as: windblown dust and rain, splashing water, and more.
- Lock Verification and Trailer Stand Presence – Lok-Vu™ is a trailer presence and lock verification system helping to keep boots off the ground and maintain supply chain integrity. Single and dual camera systems are available. The dual camera option allows for interchangeable views between two of three general locations: the RIG of the trailer, the rear-wheelbase of the trailer, and in the case of spotted trailers, the nose of the trailer, to verify trailer stand presence.
- Reduce Human Error with Safe Sequence of Operations – Dok-Commander® is programmable to provide safe, custom sequential operation to help optimize safety at the loading dock or sequences to best fit your application: Door Protection, Best Practice or Supply Chain Integrity. Safe Sequence of Operation helps ensure equipment is properly operated to protect employees, equipment and products by reducing human error and equipment faults.
Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication and Dok-Commander® Systems offer enhanced communication between dock personnel inside the building and truck drivers outside of the building with inside controls, outside communication lights and interior/exterior instructional signs. The controls facilitate the ability to immediately or incrementally incorporate any Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control component, allowing facilities to:
- Incorporate line of sight light communication system status with Corner-Vu™ and Leveler-Vu™
- Extend Blue Light Policy to help prevent 80,000 annual forklift-pedestrian accidents by extending reaction time with Pedestrian-Vu™
- Help prevent 2nd leading cause of backover fatalities in the United States with Approach-Vu™, which utilizes a light and horn system to present a clear visual and audible warning to pedestrians in the drive approach when a backing vehicle is detected.
- Verify Dok-Lok engagement and trailer stand presence via outside camera and inside monitor with Lok-Vu™, reducing the amount of processes on the dangerous drive approach.
All components are available as standalone or incorporated with Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System or Dok-Commander Combined Controls, which offers more flexibility, facilitating the greatest long-term yield per dock position. The systems allow facilities to address their most urgent safety needs first but reserving the opportunity to integrate vehicle restraints and other safety solutions at a fraction of the cost compared to standalone equipment purchases.
Loading Dock Productivity Analytics
- Monitor real-time loading dock status. Optional Dok-Lok Dock Timer digitally displays total engagement time at each position to help dock attendants prioritize loads and avoid costly detention and demurrage charges.
- Leverage loading dock analytics with current and historical Dok-Lok efficiency and utilization data to identify areas of operational improvement through robust reporting and intuitive dashboards.
- Receive trending productivity alerts and review correct actions / next steps.
- Study and understand safety challenges, frequency trends and root cause with diagnostic analytics to proactively influence employee behavior.
- Interactive Safety Assessment Tool helps place priority on specific safety events.
Need more info?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
Thank you for filling in the form.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.