Pedestrian-Vu™ Active Loading Verification
Help Address 80% of Annual Forklift-Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian-Vu™ detects activity inside of trailer by utilizing sensors mounted 7’ above the building floor on each side of the dock door aimed inside of the trailer. If motion is detected, an intense, flashing blue light is emitted onto the leveler which communicates to dock personnel and material handlers to proceed with caution. It is available interlocked with Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System or as standalone.
Extend Reaction Time at the Loading Dock
A forklift blue light with 10’ spot only provides a 1.7 second pre-collision warning. Pedestrian-Vu™ pre-collision blue light warning helps reduce collision between material handling equipment and pedestrians by continuously monitoring trailers for activity, extending reaction time with full-time visual communication.
Interlocked Controls for Additional Pedestrian Safety
When Pedestrian-Vu™ is interlocked with Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication, the pre-collision warning system offers enhanced safety features, such as:
- When motion is detected inside the trailer, Dok-Lok® vehicle restraint cannot be disengaged
- When unsecured trailer is entered by pedestrian or material handling equipment, audible alarms sound and exterior lights change to communicate the truck driver should not depart
- Leveler stored switch requires leveler to be stored in order to disengage Dok-Lok®
What’s Your Blue Light Policy?
OSHA estimates nearly 80,000 forklift accidents involving a pedestrian occur annually. Every dock has the potential for these accidents: during loading and unloading, at unmarked intersections, and in marked drive paths. To help combat this, many companies have implemented a blue light policy for their forklift fleet. But oftentimes the spotlight completely disappears into the trailer with the forklift, leaving those on the dock without important information about where material handling activity is taking place.
Extend Blue Light for Intersection Control
The Safe-T-Signal® Warning System helps prevent accidents where people and material handling equipment share the same space in your facility. If traffic is detected approaching from:
- One direction: an amber LED yield signal is presented to the other directions
- Two or more directions: a red LED stop signal will be presented to the approaching traffic and a blue LED light will emit onto the floor
- Directions with no detected traffic will be presented with an amber LED signal
Know Your Risks at the Loading Dock
With over 100,000 forklift crossings per leveler annually, dangerous loading dock accidents can occur in many ways. When paired with Dok-Loks®, Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control helps prevent costly hazards, such as:
- Traditional Trailer Separation Accidents
- Forklifts Running off the Edge of Dock
- Pedestrian and Forklift Collisions
- Trailer Backover Accidents in the Drive Approach
Smart, Connected Loading Dock Equipment
Smart, connected loading dock equipment helps facilities:
- Increase loading dock productivity when paired with sensors and alerts noting when a truck arrives, when equipment is operated, fault mode occurs and more.
- Track loading and unloading activities to identify unnecessary downtime between events.
- Alert dock attendants which docks are nearing detention and demurrage.
- Interlocked with Dok® Vehicle Restraint – Pedestrian-Vu™ pre-collision warning system can be interlocked with any Dok-Lok® vehicle restraint for additional safety features, such as: preventing disengagement when activity sensed inside trailer and prompting an alarm if unsecured trailer is entered. If other Dok-Lok or competitive restraint, standalone application available.
- Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System – Offers enhanced communication between dock personnel inside the building and truck drivers outside of the building. The NEMA 4X rated user interface with membrane switch buttons system allows for full integration of additional and future loading dock equipment, such as Pedestrian-Vu™. When interlocked in a safe sequence of operations, the controls help to ensure safety protocols and processes are followed.
- Withstand Harsh Loading Dock Environment – NEMA 4X Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System offers a superior level or protection from corrosion and extreme loading environments, such as: windblown dust and rain, splashing water, and more. Pedestrian-Vu™ bracket lights designed with energy saving LED bulbs.
- Help Prevent Pedestrian and Forklift Accidents at the Dock – With over 80,000 annual reported forklift accidents involving a pedestrian, Pedestrian-Vu™ continuously monitors a trailer for pedestrian and material handling activity. When activity is sensed, a flashing blue light emits onto the leveler communicating to those nearby to proceed with caution.
- Extend Reaction Time at the Loading Dock – Forklift blue lights with 10’ spot only provides a 1.7 second pre-collision warning. Pedestrian-Vu™ pre-collision blue light warning helps reduce collision between material handling equipment and pedestrians by extending reaction time with full-time visual communication.
Dok-Lok® Style Light Communication System offers enhanced communication between dock personnel inside the building and truck drivers outside of the building with inside controls, outside communication lights and interior/exterior instructional signs. The controls facilitate the ability to immediately or incrementally incorporate any Rite-Vu™ Hazard Recognition and Control component, allowing facilities to:
- Incorporate line of sight light communication system status with Corner-Vu™ and Leveler-Vu™.
- Extend Blue Light Policy to help prevent 80,000 annual forklift-pedestrian accidents by extending reaction time with Pedestrian-Vu™.
- Help prevent 2nd leading cause of backover fatalities in the United States with Approach-Vu™, which utilizes a light and horn system to present a clear visual and audible warning to pedestrians in the drive approach when a backing vehicle is detected.
- Verify Dok-Lok engagement and trailer stand presence via outside camera and inside monitor with Lok-Vu™, reducing the amount of processes on the dangerous drive approach.
All components are available as standalone or incorporated with Dok-Lok Style Light Communication System, which offers more flexibility, facilitating the greatest long-term yield per dock position. The system allows facilities to address their most urgent safety needs first but reserving the opportunity to integrate vehicle restraints and other safety solutions at a fraction of the cost compared to standalone equipment purchases.
- Monitor real-time loading dock status. Optional Dok-Lok Dock Timer digitally displays total engagement time at each position to help dock attendants prioritize loads and avoid costly detention and demurrage charges.
- Leverage loading dock analytics with current and historical Dok-Lok efficiency and utilization data to identify areas of operational improvement through robust reporting and intuitive dashboards.
- Receive trending productivity alerts and review correct actions / next steps.
- Study and understand safety challenges, frequency trends and root cause with diagnostic analytics to proactively influence employee behavior.
- Interactive Safety Assessment Tool helps place priority on specific safety events.
Need more info?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Fill out the form below and one of our reps will reach out to you.
Thank you for filling in the form.
Someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.