AIA Registered Courses offered by
These AIA-registered courses provide valuable information in a lunch-and-learn format. Schedule them when it’s most convenient for your operations and employees. We offer the following:
Loading Dock Safety*
This one-hour presentation, available at your facility, is conducted by industry experts who take you through the safety issues at your dock and within your plant.
- Safety committee members - Safety manager.
- Transportation warehouse manager.
- Plant manager - Engineers.
- Why is the loading dock a danger zone?
- How often do accidents occur at a loading dock?
- The costs of a dangerous dock.
- Loading dock equipment safety.
- How safe is your dock?
Loading Dock Design*
This course covers issues related to dock design including: safety, dock heights, door sizes, leveler size, capacity, type, grade, seals and shelters, restraints, lighting, and more. The Rite-Hite Loading Dock Design presentation can be conducted at your facility by our industry experts, and it usually lasts one hour.
- Trends affecting loading dock design
- Types of trailers typically received at your dock
- How the type of material handling equipment you use can affect loading dock equipment selection
- Load configurations.
Dock layout considerations:
- Dock dimensions including dock height
- Dock leveler length, width, capacity.
- Loading dock door spacing and door size considerations.
- Traffic flow and designing the drive approach
- Material handling equipment limitations.
- Matching material handling equipment to industry or application.
Safety issues at the dock:
- Why the loading dock is a danger.
- Causes of loading dock accidents.
- Trailer separation
- Vacant loading docks.
Innovative solutions and products:
- Specifying the right equipment to meet your client's needs.
- Available equipment features.
- Dock levelers
- Vehicle restraints
- Industrial doors
- Aftermarket parts and products.
HVLS Ceiling Fans*
This course provides an introduction to high volume, low speed (HVLS) industrial fans. It includes the various benefits, including reduced energy consumption, increased comfort and decreased moisture levels.
The Rite-Hite Fly-In Program*
The Rite-Hite Fly-In Program is centered around you. It’s a one of a kind, custom-designed program that takes place at the Rite-Hite corporate headquarters in Milwaukee, WI. The Fly-In focuses on providing education, consultation, solutions, and expertise.
- Expert dock and facility design analysis and recommendations.
- Professional equipment needs assessment and evaluation.
- Education on multiple alternatives for your applications.
- Hands on equipment demonstrations.
- Discuss current issues and upcoming changes that affect your business.
- Get to know your Rite-Hite Representative and the service they provide.
- Experience the Rite-Hite commitment to quality and innovation.
- Rite-Hite product showroom workshops.
- Product demonstrations in a real-life setting at the Rite-Hite Technical Training Center.
- Q&A with experts.
Milwaukee & Wisconsin event options.
“Your program was presented in a way that brings out real life situations that we deal with daily. Your concern to get these issues out and present solutions was very impressive.” – Project Coordinator, engineering company
An Architects Guide to Doors in Industry*
This course is conducted by industry experts who take you through the safety issues and range of solutions with high-speed, high performance doors. From cold storage, cooler and freezer doors to clean room and pharmaceutical doors, your choices are endless. Learn the roles of high-performance doors in various industries as well as an overview of current building codes, standards and door design tips.
*Rite-Hite is registered with the AIA Continuing Education System (AIA/CES). This one-hour program offers (1) learning unit, which will be reported directly to the AIA/CES for AIA members.