Dok-Lok Vehicle Restraints
Rite-Hite pioneered the vehicle restraint industry by introducing the Dok-Lok® in 1980. Rite-Hite has continued to evolve Dok-Lok truck restraints to meet the changes and challenges of the industry, including trailer design, loading dock design and regulatory compliance.
Rite-Hite Dok-Loks, also referred to as truck restraints, trailer restraints or dock locks, are known world-wide for:
- Exclusive Dok-Lok safety features, which address more types of trailer/dock separation than any other restraints.
- Exclusive light communication system that provides FULL-TIME communication of the Dok-Lok status to the forklift driver at the loading dock and while inside the trailer.
- Superior quality resulting from unique design characteristics, the highest construction standards and years of research and development.
- Proven long-term reliability confirmed by an extensive list of satisfied repeat customers.
Rite-Hite Vehicle restraints are designed to provide the highest level of safety based on your application. Dok-Loks are the only truck restraints in the industry that provide full-time communication of the lock’s engagement status to the forklift driver.
Know Your Risks
1. Early departure: a truck driver mistakenly drives away while a lift truck is entering, leaving, or inside the trailer.
2. Trailer creep: a trailer can move substantially under the weight of a forklift entering and exiting a trailer.
3. Landing gear collapse: weak or damaged landing gear gives way and the trailer pitches forward or falls to the side.
4. Trailer pop-up: the weight of a forklift sends the rear of the trailer forward and down, causing the nose to rise.
5. Trailer upending: the weight of a lift truck sends the trailer’s nose down, causing the rear end to move up and away from the building.