GLOBAL WHEEL-LOK VEHICLE RESTRAINT
The Global Wheel-Lok is the most simple and effective solution to help prevent early departure and trailer creep accidents at the loading dock. It is a surface mounted powered truck restraint designed to secure virtually any trailer type to the loading dock. It engages the driver’s side rear tire with an integral 510 mm high locking arm.
As the trailer approaches the loading dock, it positions between the dual wheel guides. It then contacts the restraint’s trigger device which begins moving toward the dock using the energy of the trailer. This enables the locking arm to size the tire and rise to its full height on the rearmost tire. When the trailer is in position, the attendant pushes the lock button on the control panel inside the building, which activates the locking assembly. Green communication lights inside and red lights outside signal that the trailer is engaged. To release the truck restraint, the dock attendant presses the unlock button. After the locking assembly is disengaged, communication lights change to indicate the trailer is no longer engaged and is free to move forward.
Protection against aggressive pullouts
With a pullout force resistance higher than 115 kN the Global Wheel-Lok exceeds the requirements for a FEM* class 3 vehicle restraint on empty AND full trailers, no matter the size of the wheels.
*European Materials Handling Federation (FEM) Guideline for vehicle Restraint Devices 11.005
- Vehicle or trailer contacts trigger device and energy of the trailer pivots the locking arm into position.
- 510 mm high locking arm secures virtually any trailer with a 700-1200 mm tire diameter.
- 375 mm lower locking arm version for smaller vehicles available.
- Services the widest variety of trailers including lift-gates, standard over the road with or without rear impact guards, and intermodal container chassis.
- 1140-4600 mm engagement range.
Enhances seal effectiveness
- Two wheel guides ensure on-center trailer positioning to protect building wall and enhance dock seal or shelter effectiveness.
Security System Interface
- Wheel-Lok vehicle restraints can physically enhance security at a facility when linked with an active building security system.
Reliable, low maintenance
- Simple, reliable electro-mechanical design with minimal maintenance.
- Surface mounted for easy installation and maintenance.
- Performs in all weather conditions.
- Warning signs interior/exterior.
- Interior and exterior LED lights(flashing red and green traffic lights).
- Audible alarms.
- Automatic Tire Sizing: sizes the tire ranging from 700 - 1200 mm in diameter to help provide maximum restraint.
- Override Plate (optional): minimizes the tilting movement of the truck when driving over the locking arm
- Aluminium Override Plate for smaller vehicles (optional): allows smaller vehicles (up to 3.5 t) to override the trigger device without activating the locking arm.
- Mud Flap Protection Ramp (optional): protects mud flaps from being trapped between wheel and locking arm.
- Manual Release: to unlock the system in the event of a power failure.
improving industrial safety, security and productivity worldwide THROUGH QUALITY AND INNOVATION