GateKeeper Mezzanine Safety Gate
Mezzanine and Elevated Platform Barriers
As companies look to maximize existing space within their facilities, many are turning to mezzanines, elevated work platforms, or multi-level racking systems to create additional storage space or work areas for employees.
These multi-level work environments allow companies to expand usable floor space above existing operations. In many cases, expanding "up" is less costly and time-consuming than expanding "out," which usually means adding onto existing space, leasing new space or constructing a new facility.
- Exclusive Saf-T-Latch prevents workers from raising the gate from inside the work zone, helping prevent an employee from falling from the mezzanine while working the load
- Unique link bar design ensures that both gates work in unison
- Toeboard prevents material from accidentally being pushed from an elevated space to a lower level
- Steel side frames provide built-in track protection
- Available in manual and automatic designs
- 3" (75 mm) track and nylon rollers provide for smooth operation
Meets applicable OSHA, ANSI, and IBC standards
- OSHA standard 1910.28(b)(1) requires that employers must provide fall protection for personnel on walking-working surfaces 4'0" (1200 mm)
or more above the lower level.
- The ANSI 2009 standard section 6.4.3 published by the Storage Equipment Manufacturers Associations reads "any gate that provides an access opening through the guards for the purpose of loading and unloading material onto a work platform shall be designed such that the elevated surface is protected by guards at all times. Gates that swing open, slide open, or lift out leaving an unprotected opening in the guarding are not acceptable."
Locate a Rep Contact Us