To help us serve you, please select a button below that best represents your need. We look forward to helping you.
Unsecured, dropped or unattended trailers at the loading dock are prime targets for cargo thieves. Stop cargo theft before it is too late.
SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY | CARGO THEFT
Any unsecured, dropped or unattended trailer at the loading dock is a prime target for cargo thieves.
1. The FBI estimates 30 billion dollars’ worth of cargo is stolen each year and just one stolen trailer load could be worth $1 million dollars, or more.1
2. Food and beverage products account for 24 percent of incidents and are targeted because of their low price points, they are hard to trace (no bar codes or RFID tags), and the evidence is usually consumed rather quickly.2
3. Electronics and home & garden goods, account for 15 percent and 12 percent of thefts, respectively.2
HOW CAN YOU PROTECT YOUR ASSETS?
1. Know your risks: Cargo theft may have been an opportunistic crime in the past, but it has recently become much more organized. Read more.
2. Improve dock security with a Dok-Lok® Vehicle Restraint:
» Rite-Hite has a full line of vehicle restraints to match your specific needs. Each one adds an additional level of security to your dock and is unmatched by any other line of restraints.
» Dok-Loks can be interfaced with your facility security system.
» Dok-Loks are physical and visual deterrents for cargo thieves.
Help prevent cargo theft before it is too late. Contact your local Rite-Hite representative today.
1. FBI Cargo Theft Report
2. 17 Tips for Protecting Your Cargo From Thieves
3. American Journal of Transportation
DEFEND YOUR DOCK
Improve safety and secure cargo with a vehicle restraint. Dok-Loks offer the highest level of protection at the loading dock. Learn more.
BRIDGE THE GAP
Once a trailer is secured at the loading dock, the next step is linking the gap between the loading dock floor and the trailer bed. A vertical-storing dock leveler is considered the gold standard for maintaining cold chain integrity, environmental control, and security. Learn more.
CONTROL YOUR DOCK
The Dok-Commander consolidates all your dock controls into one system. Program your own sequence of operations and connect to your facility security system. Optional Lok-Vu (NEW) features an outside camera with inside display for instant trailer presence confirmation. Watch video.
APPLICATION PHOTO OF THE MONTH
The Need: Temporary straps were being used to protect the drop off at this new loading dock. The plan was to install chains for a permanent solution but this customer first met with a Rite-Hite representative to discuss other safety barrier options.
The Solution: Dok-Guardians with Common Members were recommended and ultimately installed for this customer. This highly visible safety barrier helps prevent fork trucks, pallet jacks and pedestrians from falling off the dangerous loading dock edge and operates manually when retracting or fitting across dock openings.
After this installation, the customer also replaced dock chains with Dok-Guardians at all their facilities. See our full line of loading dock safety barriers.
RITE-HITE IN THE NEWS
Three-Dimensional Dangers Require Three-Dimensional Safety
The Essentials of Dock Maintenance
Materials Handling MRO
Adding Safety to Common Automated Processes
Fabricating & Metalworking
Rite-Hite’s exclusive distribution network provides our customers with local sales and service representation, no matter where you are located.