FlashFold Automated Barrier Doors
Robotic Integrators and OEM Machine Builders - please call 866-852-1500 to contact our Machine Guarding Specialists.
The FlashFold Automated Barrier Door by Rite-Hite Machine Guarding Products is a unique vertical rising automated barrier door designed for safeguarding of machinery in applications where overhead crane or fork lift loading/unloading of the work cell is necessary.
An alternative to light curtains or area scanners, the FlashFold Automated Barrier Door reduces the footprint of the guarding system and provides additional protection from application driven hazards. The FlashFold's versatile design allows the door to rise from the bottom up, so there is no overhead obstructions. Coupled with the optional reversing edge and safety interlock switches, with safety rated controls capable of up to Cat 4 (per EN954-1) and PLe (per EN ISO 13849-1), when integrated properly, you have an ideal safety system.
- Guards your machinery and protects your employees.
- Contains application driven hazards including weld flash/sparks/smoke, mist, flying debris and other exposure.
- Unique BOTTOM-UP operation - Industries only up-acting machine guarding door.
- Reduces footprint of manufacturing cell by locating closer to hazard.
- Increases Productivity! Door provides clear visual that operator should be on task.
- No overhead obstructions allows for clear over-head crane loading and unloading.
Features and Benefits:
- Protects operators from application driven hazards while restricting access from machine/robot operation both physically and electronically with optional safety rated switches and controls.
- Optional Cat. 4, PLe, SIL 3 switches and controls per EN 954.1, EN ISO 13849-1 and SIL3 perEN 62061 when integrated properly.
- Optional window allows you to monitor process.
- Rugged Construction.
- Limit Switch provides infinite door open/close positions.
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 Specifications.
- Barrier Bars sewn into curtain material to provide barrier protection and retain curtain in guides.
- Optional Control Box provides open-close-stop pushbuttons, motor starter/transformer and relays.
- Limited one year warranty SOP.
- Custom Manufactured to exact size requirements.
- HD Motor/Brake/Gear box suited for millions of cycles.
- Proven, Safe, Reliable Design.
- Optional Stopping photo-eye strip.
- Curtain Material Choices resists application driven hazards.
- Patented Switch design integrated into curtain guide.
1390 FlashFold™ Vertical Rising Automated Barrier Door
Manufactured under ISO 9001 Specifications
Minimum: 2'-0"W x 2'-0"H, Maximum: 16'-0"W x 9'-0"H
If larger sizes are required please contact Rite-Hite Machine Guarding Representative
24" per second operation
Standard: 14 oz. blue Weldtex™ CFM approved) with optional 21" high, full-width vision panel (PVC Meets ANSI F2.3M:2001 performance standards for welding screens and ANSI/NFPA 710 Flame resistance).
Multiple colors available upon request
4" x 4" Custom aluminum extrusion posts with T-slot with 3/16" x 1-1/2" x 2" aluminum angle guides.
16" High x 6" Deep x unit width storage basket for curtain storage in open position
Front/back or side mounting brackets
3 phase, 1 H.P. NORD Motor/Brake Assembly with hand release lever, TEFC, 208/230, 460/480, 575V driving 1000 # Tensile strength nylon belt drive and idle belt configuration
Optional: Electric edge ribbon switch 9/16" wide x 5/32" high, 8 oz (2 N) activation force stops curtain upon contact
Optional: reflective photo eye stopping reversing edge
RELAY CONTROL BOX:
Optional: STD 16" x 14" x 8.5" Open/Stop/Close Pushbutton in NEMA 4X enclosure Certified to UL508 and cUL508A (CSA) specifications.
Barrier Bars sewn into curtain material to provide barrier protection and retain curtain in guides
Multiple reversing/stopping edge options protects personnel and property, Gravity fed down operation - not powered down, Can conform to Category 4 perEN954.1 Specifications, Ple in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1 and SIL3 perEN 62061 safety rated control system when integrated properly.
Limited 1-year parts